District 5930 Rotary Global Grant Scholarships will be used to fund one or two years of post-baccalaureate study at a recognized university in select non-U.S. countries in a study discipline that supports the six key focus areas of Rotary and the Mission of The Rotary Foundation.
If you would like the Rotary Club of Corpus Christi to consider sponsoring you for this opportunity, please send your completed application to:
Rotary Club of Corpus Christi
921 N. Chaparral, Ste. 210
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
361.882.8672 (p) 361.888.5579 (f)
Rotary’s Areas of Focus – Global Grant Scholars are individuals who are pursuing a career in one of the six Rotary Areas of Focus. Their graduate-level educational goals should support this career interest in one of the following Areas:
- Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution
- Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Water and Sanitation
- Maternal and Child Health
- Basic Education and Literacy
- Economic and Community Development
Scholarships are supported by local Rotarian contributions to The Rotary Foundation and are funded by available District Designated Funds and a matching Rotary Foundation Global Grant. As a result, the number of scholarships available in any Rotary year is limited. Prospective scholars must apply through a local Rotary club. Global Grant Scholar Qualities – A successful applicant
- Possesses excellent leadership skills and potential
- Has a proven record of success in his/her academic field or vocation
- Has demonstrated a personal commitment to community service
- Has well defined and realistic goals
- Has concrete ideas as to how he/she will make advances in his/her chosen career
- Is sincere about maintaining a lifelong relationship with Rotary after the scholarship year
Eligibility and Conditions
- The candidate must be proficient in the native language of the host country.
- The candidate’s program of study must be at the graduate level
- The scholar will travel abroad for study
- The scholarship is for a term of one academic year.
- Must be accepted for study at their chosen University
- Applicants must apply through a Rotary club at a location of their legal or permanent residence, or place of full time employment or study.
For more information, visit www.rotary5930.org.